I'm still on about 100g carbs a day. Some days it probably creeps up to a couple of hundred - I had two tablespoons of rice with a curry last Wednesday (and there was probably a fair bit of sugar in the sauce!), and I had two small roast potatoes with the Sunday Roast yesterday. But on average I'm down around the 100g/day mark.
Over the past three weeks I've noticed:
- My head is clearer and I can remember things more easily (this could be "dry January" though!!!)
- The recovery from hard sessions is different. I wouldn't say faster, but the pain goes quicker.
- the longer slower runs are much easier (sample size is only 3 so far, but all of them have been on just a cup of coffee, and there's been no bonking)
- two or 3 times, when putting in a harder 7km or 8km race, the legs have felt heavy to start with, but then there's been a startling 'release' of energy at about 4 or 5km?!?!?! I'd love to know what's going on!
- Although it's only been 3 weeks, I think the hard track sessions still need a bit of carbs. For both Tue night sessions I've been to, the legs have felt heavy the whole time.
- I'm not losing any weight!! I'm not in a hurry, but 0.2kg a week is going to take a whole year to lose my injury weight gain! This could be because I'm putting on a little shoulder bulk from the swimming